Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wallets from discarded plastic bags

The opened outside of a man's wallet made from a Chinese rice bags measures 7 1/2" x 3 1/2

I typically use discarded 50-pound bags that contained rice, birdseed, or pet food to make my men's wallets.  These wallets are lightweight, strong, and eco-friendly.  A 50-pound used plastic bag can make more than a dozen wallets.  My wallets are triple stitched, and work best for those men who put 12 cards/photos or less in their billfold wallet

The cat knows what part of the bag I used to make the wallet photographed above

The wallets I make for women are slightly larger than a checkbook holder, with 12 pockets for cards, photos, and receipts, plus two large pockets for lots of cash and the optional checkbook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment